Asbestos fibers are dangerous when inhaled. The microscopic fibers can become lodged in the respiratory system and lead to asbestosis or scarring of the respiratory tissues.
Asbestos was commonly used as a binder and fire retardant in many building products. It can typically be found in acoustical ceiling tiles; thermal insulation of boilers and pipes; steel fireproofing, cement asbestos siding and roofing; tile and sheet floor coverings.
Inspectors are most concerned with what is known as friable asbestos (easily crumbled or pulverized to powder) and often recommend it be removed. It should always be removed and disposed of by a qualified contractor. Contact the Environmental Protection Agency for an updated list of qualified testing and or mitigation contractors.
It is common question that real estate professional get; what is my home worth? Unfortunately, it is a question that does not have an exact answer. There are ways to determine about what your home is worth. You may find online estimates that say one thing but is that a true test of what the market will bear? So, how can you really determine what your property is worth?
1. Consider Solds-Look at other comparable homes in your area that have recently sold. This will give you a good idea what buyers are willing to pay.
2. Consider Under Agreements/Pendings-Although it is difficult to tell what a home has sold for before it closes you may be able to tell the demand in a price range. Look at the asking price of the home and how long it was on the market. If you see a trend of homes going under agreement quickly you may assume they are going closer to the asking price.
3. Consider Active Listings-Real estate is about competition just like any other commodity. It is important that your home be competitively positioned against other comparable listings. The asking price is a part of the marketing plan of the home.
4. Online Values-Be wary of online estimates. The very definition “online” takes the human factor out of determining the value. A computer program cannot take into account the nuances of location, home style and home condition.
5. Sell It-The only way to know a home’s true market value is to sell it. At the end of the day a home is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay.
Needham MA Real EstateNeedham, MA - $750,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/12 hours agoNeedham, MA - $680,000 - Single-Family - Raised Ranch - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:24 hours agoNeedham, MA - $1,275,000 - Single-Family - Raised Ranch, Multi-Level - Rooms:12 - Beds:5 - Baths:37 hours agoNeedham, MA - $2,399,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:12 - Beds:5 - Baths:4/116 hours agoNeedham, MA - $2,349,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:15 - Beds:7 - Baths:5/2
Newton MA Real EstateNewton, MA - $729,900 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:234 minutes agoNewton, MA - $775,000 - Multi-Family - Units:2 - Levels:2 - Parking Spaces:41 hour agoNewton, MA - $499,000 - Condo - Hi-Rise - Rooms:4 - Beds:1 - Baths:1/11 hour agoNewton, MA - $360,400 - Condo - Mid-Rise - Rooms:3 - Beds:1 - Baths:1/12 hours agoNewton, MA - $2,285,000 - Single-Family - - Rooms:15 - Beds:6 - Baths:5/14 hours ago
Brookline MA Real EstateBrookline, MA - $1,325,000 - Condo - Rowhouse - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:251 minutes agoBrookline, MA - $2,700 - Rentals - - Rooms:5 - Beds:3 - Baths:11 hour agoBrookline, MA - $1,950 - Rentals - - Rooms:4 - Beds:1 - Baths:11 hour agoBrookline, MA - $599,900 - Condo - Garden, Mid-Rise - Rooms:5 - Beds:3 - Baths:23 hours agoBrookline, MA - $849,900 - Condo - Low-Rise - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:23 hours ago
RE/MAX Home Team Realty
- Average Needham Home Value Up $95K Since 2005 April 24, 2014The value of the average Needham home has increased about $95,000 since 2005. The Boston Globe reported Needham was one of just 22 communities in the Boston metro area that saw home values increase since the fall of 2005, right before the real estate bubble burst. […]
- Federal Home Loan Bank Members Selected for Community Support Review... April 23, 2014This notice also prescribes the deadline by which Bank members selected for review must submit Community Support Statements to FHFA. […]
- Needham Youth Services March RAY of Hope Recipient April 22, 2014March 2014 Recipient - Emma Findlay-Walters Emma is a senior at Needham High School. […]
- Pharma Company Verastem Moving HQ to Needham April 21, 2014Verastem , a biopharmaceutical company developing cancer-fighting drugs, is movings its headquarters to Needham. […]
- Average Needham Home Value Up $95K Since 2005 April 24, 2014
- Free workshop at the Crown Royal Plaza Hotel in Newton, MA on May 17... April 23, 2014It took a plan and a vision, in addition to innovative products and services, to achieve the pantheon of business success. […]
- List of Candidates for Town-Wide Offices April 23, 2014The following information was submitted to the Milton Times by the candidates themselves at the request by the Times. […]
- 7 Takeaways for Banks From Warren's New Memoir April 23, 2014Why Clients Need Help With Family Governance Many clients don't know this area of expertise exists, but they know they need help with it, says Paul Pagnato, whose Pagnato-Karp Group works with UHNW families. […]
- Forget Greek yogurt, try the tea April 23, 2014The UpTake: Kristina Tsipouras and Niari Keverian hope the next craze to hit foodie circle's is Greek Ice Tea. […]
- Free workshop at the Crown Royal Plaza Hotel in Newton, MA on May 17... April 23, 2014
- Bostonians Can't Agree on Lemonade Prices April 23, 2014Garrett Lojek 12, trys to cash in on the hot weather by selling lemonade after school on Jamaica Road in Brookline. […]
- Maimonides Meets Modernity April 23, 2014In the fall of 1993, as my daughter was getting ready to enter first grade at the Maimonides School in Brookline, Massachusetts, a friend of mine asked her where she was going to school. […]
- Firefighters Work Together To Lift Truck Off 86-Year-Old Man In Inspiring Display Of Teamwork April 23, 2014In an impressive showing of strength and teamwork, Connecticut firefighters banded together to lift a truck off of a trapped man. […]
- Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz Dishes About Baseball, Natural Gas, Russia and More April 22, 2014U.S. Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz answers questions after his keynote address at the IHS CERAWeek energy conference Wednesday, March 5, 2014, in Houston. […]
- Bostonians Can't Agree on Lemonade Prices April 23, 2014